I spent the last couple of weeks working on colour schemes. Being as I work alone I never felt the need to create character sheets with all that information. I find the colour choices always look different in three dimensions anyway so my preferred method is to pull liquid rubber skins from the molds which I assemble over basic wire armatures. Then I start experimenting until I get what I want. I like the dry run it provides me before committing to the final foam rubber puppets. They’re also very useful as stand-ins for lighting tests and camera set ups. The final puppets will suffer a lot of abuse during filming so anything that helps keep them looking polished is worthwhile.